When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

-- Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not Yet

My friend Catherine and I are both in need of weight loss. I'm starting this blog as a tool to help. I will be the primary poster on the blog, but Catherine will be welcome to post too, if she would like to. I hope she will, from time to time.

As for me, I am 50 years old. A mother, grandmother and a wife. I've been married for almost 33 years. I've been overweight almost that whole time. I started to gain weight when we moved to Mississippi after we first got married. I was lonely and filled my loneliness with food. A while later, I realized that I ate when I was sad, upset, angry -- you name it. Basically, I eat my feelings. I've eaten so many feelings, in fact, that I have a whopping other person in weight to lose.

I have not yet started to lose weight. On Monday, I plan to start watching what I eat and cutting high fructose corn syrup from my diet. I also plan to post almost daily to share my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment