When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

-- Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, January 28, 2010

From this Minute, it will be Better

At a certain point yesterday, I realized I'd have to confess to my blog. I think in the long run, this will be a good thing because hopefully I'll do less things that will need confessing. Today, it sucks.

I had lots of errands to do yesterday. I went to get the new tag for my car and then headed to Wal-mart. I'm sorry, but I hate that place and going there puts me in a bad mood. The alternative, most of the time, is to drive to Dallas (70+ miles away) to get things that aren't in the local Brookshires and that only Wal-mart has down here. That is of course, if they happen to have IT in stock, whatever IT is. So, I do my shopping at Wal-mart. They're out of many of the things on my list, so I already know I'll have to go somewhere else in a few days. I spend almost $200 and still don't feel that I got anything. The fridge is only half full. On the way home, I stopped by CVS to pick up some prescriptions and the bank to get cash.

I get home and unload and put up all the groceries. Then I walk around the bar to do something -- what I was going to do is lost forever when I see one of the couch cushions ripped to shreds on the floor and all of it's stuffing all over the living room! Yes, Katie and Barkley were apparently bored while I was gone. My first instinct is to grab the gun and have done with them, but I don't do that. I start to (not so) calmly pick up the mess that used to be my couch. I finally swept most of it up, the bending was getting to me.

I left the dogs breathing nicely and went on to complete my errands. I had to return slacks that came out of their first washing with holes, chili that was expired when purchased, get the mail and a money order. After the slacks exchange, I realized that I was starving. I never stopped for lunch. I saw my mistake instantly because I did not have the will power to drive past McDonald's in the mood I was in. I stopped for a large order of french fries and a small chocolate shake. I felt crummy about this slip up so early in my new regime, but I continued to eat, savoring every salty bite and every chocolaty sip. Knowing that if I had only had lunch, I would have done better.

I get home, do what needs to be done and collapse. By this time, my knee is killing me from all of the walking. I head upstairs to put my feet up as soon as I can. Later that evening, I sweet talk my hubby into cooking the packaged cookies we should have had over the weekend. I eat half of them and this morning finish off the remaining two. So, the other lessons are don't have crap in the house that you shouldn't eat and buy more fruit.

The rest of today will be better.

3 comments:

  1. oh dear.

    What a day.

    oh french fries.

    I like to order the hamburger Happy Meal---then I get just enough french fries that I can enjoy them and not feel q.u.i.t.e so quilty afterwards.........

    And it comes with a tiny soda, so I get that little fix at the same time.

    YeeHa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes.

    I forgot.

    I hate Wal-Mart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you tired of me yet???

    I remembered you just said you were allergic to beef.

    Having a senior moment here.

    I think you can get a Happy Meal with chicken in it though......

    ReplyDelete